Since I was a little girl, our family has been taking regular trips to a unique, little, island off the Gulf. You see, my Granny and Grandpa Folks had a place on this beautiful piece of heaven. She was raised there. So it was convenient to just take off and go there, but also meaningful. This beautiful, quaint, fisherman’s village, is known as Cedar Key.
Throughout my entire life if ever I needed a place to go……a peaceful place…..it was Cedar Key. If ever a friend or family member was in need of a peaceful place….the family always made it available for them. Now that I have a family and live so far away from my peaceful place its hard to make time to get there. Thankfully every 4th of July our family congregates there. Not just for family fun, fireworks, fishing, and the golf cart rides, but for a peaceful place.
We all farm in my family. My dad and brothers have peanuts and a hay business. While we have our hay operation. This is a busy time of year….very busy….for all of us. Even if our get-away is only for a few days, our peaceful place allows time for rest and rejuvenation. I LOVE our peaceful place.
This was our view from the porch….love, love, love it!!
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
God is good………ALL the time,
~jct~





0 comments:
Post a Comment