I haven't had a chance to do very much hunting over the past six years just because I needed to be at the house with my babies. This year, though, I NEEDED to be in a secluded place...just me and good 'ol nature! Mommas do you know where I'm comin' from? Or everyone for that matter! We all just need some ALONE time every now and then!
Well by the GRACE of God I was able to have some of that alone time this past weekend.
Cory and I got up and went huntin' Saturday morning and well I got my FIRST BUCK!!! I have killed a doe before but never a buck!
It is the craziest story ever.
Cory was coming to my stand to come and get me and go home. So I started gettin' all my gear ready. As I am coming down the ladder Cory starts hollering (in a whisper), "shoot that buck, shoot that buck". Well I had NO idea what he was talking about...in fact I thought he was playing a mean joke! I turned around to see this HUGE buck standing there looking at us. So after much fussing between Cory and I, I climbed back up the stand to get my gun and shot the BIG 'Ol thing!!! It is all quite hilarious how it worked out but WHO cares...I got my FIRST BUCK!
He is an 8 pt. and no I didn't get him scored yet but he is at the taxidermist getting mounted.
For those of you who know me well, I live in a little house (@900 sq. ft.). So one of the first things I told Cory was that we needed a bigger house were I can hang my trophy...haha!!!
I am super duper excited and feel so blessed to have a hubby who puts so much into taking me hunting and also to have a mother-n-law who will come over so early, on her day off, to sit with the youngin's.
Hope you enjoy the pics...I will put some more of the buck when he is mounted!
All the youngin's were super excited!



1 comments:
You go girlfriend!!! One up on me :) Haven't snagged one yet myself. One of these days; one of these days!
Post a Comment