Friday, December 31, 2010

WMU Christmas

The women’s group at our church has been getting together for Christmas as long as I remember.  We always have a blast no matter were we go…….and we have been to several local spots! 

This year the group gathered at Joedy’s Seafood restaurant in Alma.  Oh my…..they have the best seafood anywhere around.  And their cheesecake is to die for!  I started out as the only one getting a slice, and by the time I got mine all the women were fighting over that cheesecake….haha!  Not really, but there were lots of women who opted TOO get cheesecake after they saw mine…..yum, yum!!

We have an ornament exchange….dirty Santa style!  Hehe!!  The only thing is we don’t abide by anyone’s rules except ours!  So one ornament could be taken as many times as we wanted!  Woohoo…was that a blast or what!  Between myself, Cheryl, and Lorie, I think one ornament got moved around at least 5 times!  But of course, I finally conceded…..that’s right….I’m the one who finally gave up (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice)!!!  No.  Really we had a great time and can’t wait for us gals to get together again for some good food and fun!!!

Our littlest chica, Emma, had a great time too!  She is a great baby…always smiling.  I found several things she really liked…the flash on my camera, baked potato, and cheesecake (Mrs. Lorie’s idea..not mine).  I don’t think her Momma, my good friend, Nikki was very happy about the cheesecake….sooorrryy Nikki!! :(

I am so blessed to have some super, awesome, ladies to fellowship with!  I am excited to see all the work God is going to minister thru us this next year….and the fun we’ll have doing it too!

God is good…..ALL the time,

~jct~

1 comments:

Ashlee

we do the same thing!

Post a Comment