Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Moms Competing or Completing

Why does it seem like as moms we are always competing with each other? No matter what our occupation, religion, number of children, married/single, it doesn't matter. As friends we need to uplift each other and encourage one another of the good work that we're doing.

I have recently had several of my friends change occupations. Some going back to the work force after being a stay-at-home mom and others becoming stay-at-home mommas for the first time. Each of them has shared their concern about providing for their kids emotionally and/or financially. They are doubting themselves and it breaks my heart. God has placed them in this season for a reason and I know that they are going to do great things. For one reason or another we all compare ourselves to other moms.....I've done it......ok, ok, I still do it! I too feel this way more often than not. I find that the devil creeps up on me with these thoughts when I get my priorities out of wack. God wants to be first...and He should be. Everything else will fall into place. Once we get our lives alined with God's will then we should start feeling better about who we are and where we are. We need to stop competing with each other and start completing ourselves with God.

Dear Lord,
Please help me today to be the kind of daughter You are proud of. I know that if I can stay focused on you and your word then your will will be done. Thank you for entrusting me with beautiful children. Help me to show them, through my actions, what it means to put you first. I love my friends, Lord, thank you for placing them in my life. Help us to uplift and encourage each other as we all face the ups and downs of motherhood. To You be the Glory Lord. Forever and ever.
Amen.



1 comments:

Christy

Very well put! Thanks!

Post a Comment