Friday, September 25, 2009

A Blessed Week that had a Hectic Forcast

What a week! What a hectic week! I am so blessed to know that even though I may have forgotten to "be still" with my Lord, He will never be mad at me. Through all the hustle and bustle of life, however, I have got to remind myself to make an effort to "be still" with Him.
This week has been utterly chaotic! Cora Jane got sick and missed some school, I shared mine and Lila Rae's testimony with a friend's church group--which was AWESOME, we had our "on the farm" interview--which was AWESOME, our profile for the GA Monitor was yesterday--it went FANTASTIC, our hot water-heater went out--not so fantastic.
As you can tell we've had our share of excitement this week, but by God's grace the good out weigh the bad! In fact, Cora Jane is feeling better and so we've really won this week!
I am exhausted...to say the least. But today, as I reflect over the week's activities, I am ashamed to say that I not once got "still" with God. Now don't get me wrong we talked ALOT this week....in between shuffling everyone everywhere but I never got "still" long enough...or alone for that matter...to talk to Him. He wasn't on my priority list.
Dear Lord,
I promise I am going to do better Lord! Will you help me! I want to talk to you...just me and you! Help me find that moment of quietness so that I can "be still" with You. Help me to put You on the top of my priority list. Thank you Lord for a week abundant with blessings...you never cease to amaze me!
Amen.
He chose what the world thinks is unimportant and what the world looks down on and thinks is nothing in order to destroy what the world thinks is important.
1 Corinthians 1:28


1 comments:

Unknown

How have I missed all these posts?!?!? I have you on my list, but my blogger showing you on my dashboard when you post something new... I thought something may be up, and came to check and you have LOTS of posts up, that I havent read! Guess, I'll catch up now! :)
What a hectic week you had---I feel like EVERY week there's something...I always say, "things will slow down when Summer is over.." and it never does...I struggle, too, with making quiet, alone time a priority... I think we all do...

Post a Comment