Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Angel....My Lila Rae


Can it be? Three whole years have come and gone since this beautiful baby girl first laid in my arms? I can remember that morning like it was yesterday. It was an easy labor and delivery...all of mine usually are. But I was so scared..not knowing what would happen. She was so peaceful...no screaming...that scared me too! But it was like God had sent this precious angel of peace...before the storm even started.

Lila Rae showed us all what it means to have patience. She fought so hard for her little heart.....having patience for God's ultimate timing.

Lila Rae taught me how to be radical for Jesus Christ. You see there were several instances that called for Cory and I to stand firm on our faith in the Lord. Doctors, nurses, even chaplins questioned our attitude towards the situation..claiming we weren't facing reality. The reality was and is that Lila Rae was already in God's hands. He had been with her throughout every surgery and every procedure. It was mine and Cory's job to show her Jesus through scripture, music, and actions. There wasn't a day that we weren't by her side comforting her, fighting for her, and carrying her to that ultimate place of healing. We didn't know that that is what we were doing. We were just being the best parents we could by showing her God's love. Ultimately, showing everyone around her God's love.

The Lord continues to amaze me with testimonies from Lila Rae's little life and struggles. After she died, there were so many who came to us sharing how Lila Rae's life had impacted their's in one way or another. Even years later there are still individuals who share with us how my baby girl changed them. My sister-in-law shared with me last week how Lila Rae had changed her faith...something I didn't know. You can read her story on how Lila Rae touched her life by clicking onto her blog Christy Tyre.

This has been difficult for me to write. This whole past week has been an emotional one. I am so thankful for God and the amazing LOVE that He has shown me and my family. He IS my rock and in HIM I will TRUST.

"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee; before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations" Jeremiah 1:5

I hope you enjoy these few pictures of my baby girl and remember her on this day.



Lila Rae and her Daddy after she was born


Mommy, Daddy, and our new baby girl

Two weeks old and two open heart surgeries later

Before surgery. All she could eat was sugar water.

After her second surgery she was on ECMO. This was taken the following day...I wasn't expecting her to open her eyes...I was so excited!

What a beautiful gift she was and continues to be. I feel very honored knowing my baby girl is sitting in the right hand of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
"Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21
Lila Rae was that beautiful gift He gave and the sorrow is what He taketh away.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11































































































































5 comments:

Christy

Happy Birthday Lila Rae! Our preacher's sermon this morning was titled "Giving Your Children Back to God" and it made me recall your parent's incredible strength and faith both during your short time here with us, and since you have gone home. Thank you Lord for giving us the blessing of Lila Rae!

Katie

I am honored to remember Lila Rae today! What a beautiful, sweet baby girl. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures of her life. I enjoyed them.

She made such a big impact in her little body.

hi-d

I saw your comment on Katie's blog today. I am so sorry for your loss. May Jesus give you peace and oomfort you. You are helping others by posting this...you just may never know the full impact. God Bless You!

hi-d

Charlotte

*tears* what a beautiful baby girl and testimony! Thanks for this post.

Anonymous

I saw your post over at Katie's Keepers, thank you for sharing your beautiful little girl Lila Rae with us on her special day. I pray that her sweet memorie comforts you today. I will pray that God's comforting arms surround you and your husband as you celebrate her birthday.

Daily laying it at the Master's feet!
Laura Ann

Post a Comment